How to Install & Configure Printer in Windows XP
- Start > Control Panel > Double click printer and faxes.
- On the left side click Add a printer and click next
- Here either you can install local printer that is directly attached to your computer or you can setup a network printer.
- Select “Local printer attached to this computer and also check this option “Automatically plug and install my plug and play printer. Windows will search and install the drives for the newly attached plug and play printers.
- If Windows is unable to automatically detect the printer and install the driver, you will get this error message “The wizard was unable to detect any plug and play printers”. Now click the next button to manually install the printers. How to Enable/Disable Firewall?
- On the next page use LPT1 port for the printer and press the next button.
- On the next page click “Have Disk” and press browse to give the path of the CD-ROM that contains the driver.
- Press Ok to install the driver.
About the Author
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1974 articles.
Comments On This Post
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.