Disable UAC in Windows 7
Disabling the User Acceptance Control (UAC) is easy, via the control panel. But this is a geek site. We do things through the registry.
- Run Registry Editor (RegEdit) by typing regedit at command prompt or at startmenu->run
- Locate following registry key:
- Locate the following REG_DWORD value:
- Set the value of EnableLUA to 0.
Now Exit from Registry Editor and Restart the computer.
Now that you know how to disable the UAC via the registry, and you prefer to use the GUI method, here are the steps to change the settings via the control panel:
- click on "Start"
- click on "Control Panel"
- click on "System and Security"
- click on "Change User Account Control settings"
- Adjust the UAC slider to your desired settings. By putting the slider at the bottom, you will be turning off UAC altogether.
- Click Ok, and follow any prompts that appear.
Posted On 2009-01-18 by FortyPoundHead
Tags: Software Hack/Tweak Tip Windows 7
Comments On This Post
No comments on this post yet!
You must be logged in to post a comment.