Webmaster Resource: Random Facts
This handy little database contains interesting facts and observations for you to present to your site users.
This is a backup file, created using MySQL dump 10.13, so you should be able to import this quite easily to your MySQL installation.
The database itself contains two columns:
- Randomfact_ID - The unique identifier of the record, auto-incremented
- Facts - Text field containing the fact
Here is a sample of some of the items in the table:
- Queen Anne had a transvestite cousin, Lord Cornbury, whom she assigned to be governor of New York and New Jersey. The colonists were not amused.
- Young women in Atlanta used to refer to their private parts as "janers."
- Erotodromomania is the abnormal impulse to travel to escape painful sexual situations.
- Trobriand Islanders (off the coast of New Guinea) have euphemism for having sex that translates to "scraping the tapioca."
- The name of the horse pictured on the Wyoming license plate is: Steamboat
- A hat trick originally meant three goals scored in a row, with no intervening goals by the other team. We use it to mean three goals scored by the same player.
- The puck is made of vulcanized rubber, three inches in diameter and one inch thick. It is solid to reduce bouncing, and weighs about 6 ounces.
The record set actually contains 2,226 items int total. Download Now, and enjoy!
About the Author
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1974 articles.
Comments On This Post
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.