Posted On 2005-11-1 by FortyPoundHead
Keywords: Install Repair Corrupt Windows XP
Rating: / 5.00
If XP is corrupted to the point where none of the previous solutions get it to boot,
you can do a Repair Install that might work as well as keep the current settings.
1. Make sure you have your valid WindowsXP key
2. Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD
3. At the second R=Repair option, press the R key
4. This will start the repair
5. Eventually you will be prompted for your XP key
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1975 articles.
You can find more information from FortyPoundHead by visiting .
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.