Speed Up Start Menu Search
Method 1: Registry Hack
- Open registry editor using regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer and select Advanced.
- Find and right-click on Start_SearchFiles and select Modify.
- Set the Value to 0.
- Restart the Explorer.exe process or reboot the computer.
Method 2: Start Button
- Right-click on the Start Button and select Properties.
- Click on the Customize button.
- Uncheck Search Communications.
- Set Search Files to Don''t Search for files.
- Click OK.
About the Author
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1974 articles.
Comments On This Post
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.