0×8024402C Error During Windows Update
When you scan for updates on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site and you if you receive the error message 0×8024402C try this:
- Turn on the “Automatically detect settings” feature in Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
- Click to select the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK two times.
Or if you are using Microsoft ISA Firewall Client try this:
- Turn on the Automatically detect ISA server feature.
- In Control Panel, double-click Firewall Client, or right-click the ISA Firewall Client icon in the notification area.
- Click Configure.
- Click to select the Automatically detect ISA server check box.
- Click Update Now, and then click OK.
This problem can occur if the proxy server is not configured in Microsoft Internet Explorer or incorrectly configured. This therefore prevents Windows Update control access the Internet.
About the Author
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1974 articles.
Comments On This Post
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.