Connect to Network Printer via TCP/IP
Sometimes you are unable to connect to a printer via the print server. Maybe your driver is unavailable, or for some reason you may not have rights to print to that printer. You can bypass the print server, most times, and print directly to a network printer.
To create a connection to a printer connected to your network:
- Start to add a new printer through the control panel.
- Select Local Printer / Next
- Instead of a LPT port, check Create a new port at the bottom on the window
- Scroll to Standard TCP/IP Port
- Keep going and enter the IP address of the printer.
About the Author
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1974 articles.
Comments On This Post
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.