Search Tools Links Login

AI and Cloud Services Amplify Email Threats


Generative AI tools like Chat-GPT, coupled with the rising adoption of cloud services, have intensified the risks of spam and phishing emails, according to a recent study.

VIPRE Security Group's report indicates a growing trend of hackers utilizing cloud services as more consumers embrace the cloud. The study highlighted that link-based malware comprised 58% of malicious emails during the quarter, with the rest (42%) being attachments. Furthermore, cloud storage services emerged as a significant malspam delivery channel, accounting for 67% of all malspam distribution methods, while the rest (33%) utilized legitimate, yet compromised websites.

About this post

Posted: 2023-10-23
By: dwirch
Viewed: 112 times

Categories

Security

Blog

Privacy

Attachments

No attachments for this post


Loading Comments ...

Comments

No comments have been added for this post.

You must be logged in to make a comment.