Posted On 2005-11-1 by FortyPoundHead
Keywords: Windows XP NTOSKRNL Missing Corrupt
Rating: / 5.00
If you get an error that NTOSKRNL not found:
1. Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD.
2. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
3. Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair.
Typically this will be #1
4. Change to the drive that has the CD ROM.
5. CD i386
6. expand ntkrnlmp.ex_ C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
7. If WindowsXP is installed in a different location, just make the necessary change to C:\Windows
8. Take out the CD ROM and type exit
FortyPoundHead has posted a total of 1975 articles.
You can find more information from FortyPoundHead by visiting .
No comments on this post yet!
Do you have a thought relating to this post? You can post your comment here. If you have an unrelated question, you can use the Q&A section to ask it.
Or you can drop a note to the administrators if you're not sure where you should post.