SystemIdleCheck: Version History
No attachments for this post
This page contains the version history of SystemIdleCheck. Each entry explains what items were add/changed/removed for that particular release.
In the interest of security, I started giving SHA256 file hashes for both the ZIP and EXE files for the program as of version 184.108.40.206. If the hash of the file you have acquired does not match below, delete it; it's most likely got some bad stuff in there. This site is the only place you can get pure, unadulterated copies of the program.
You can check the hash of the file using the PowerShell get-hash cmdlet. Or your favorite file hashing tool.
- Initial public build and release.
- Warning notice prior to logoff. The application will now pop up a warning message in the middle of the screen sixty (60) seconds before the user is logged off. To dismiss the warning, the user simply needs to move the mouse or press a key. The logoff will be aborted, and the idle timer will be reset.
- Per request of end user, added move-to-top functionality for warning window. The warning will now pop up above everything else onscreen, even the screensaver.
- Added Readme file to the archive, giving instructions, support options and warnings.
- Added support forums
- Added event logging functionality.
- Switch parsing rebuilt
- Added LogOffAfterIdle and TimeOut switches, with defaults
- Modified Event ID 1020 - Idle time reached. Now shows the standard "Logging off" message, or "Not logging off" message, depending on the passed switches
- Bugfix, wouldn't log off user when idle time expired. Removed from site. Please use v220.127.116.11 or later instead.
- No new features, bugfix for v18.104.22.168
- Added Idle Warning Seconds switch (I)
- Modified warning screen to be really noticeable
- Added API for LockWorsktation
- Re-worked L to function as a multi-value switch (Lock/LogOff/DoNothing). Functionality can be added if needed in the future.
- Fixed default timeout bug. Was defaulting to one minute, rather than the advertised five minutes.
- Re-worked and organized this documentation.
- Changed the name of the executable (sic.exe), and removed any file descriptions that gave away the function of the program.
- Added API for Restart Workstation, per user request
- Added API for Shutdown Workstation, per user request
Comments on this post
No comments have been added for this post.
You must be logged in to make a comment.